Sight Words & High Frequency Words – Activities
Teach your students how to read and spell high frequency words so they all become sight words. Follow these step-by-step instructions and scope and sequence to add these high frequency words and irregular words to your phonics lessons. Then review the words with engaging games and activities!
How to Teach High Frequency Words to be Sight Words
446-pages of high frequency words & Irregular words scope and sequence, sight words teaching practice pages, & sight word activities. Using word mapping, these sight word activities help turn any high frequency word into a sight word to improve spelling & word reading fluency!
This sight word bundle focuses on the PHONEMES first and then attaching the correct letter(s) to the individual phonemes. This is how the science of reading says students should learn and store sight words for efficient word reading.
INCLUDED in SIGHT WORD PRACTICE BUNDLE:
- 3 – High Frequency Word Scope & Sequences – broken down by spelling pattern, syllable type, and regular, irregular, and temporarily irregular!
- Step-by-step procedures for teaching high frequency words, irregular words, & sight words
- High Frequency Word List (190 words) w/ # of Sounds
- Heart Word Mastery Sheet
- TWO sets of New Information activity practice pages for each High Frequency Word
- Elkonin Boxes
- High Frequency Word Templates
- Phoneme grapheme mapping
- High Frequency Word Games and Extension Activities
- High Frequency Words Flashcards (to use with the extension activities)
- The “why” behind each irregular spelling. Have your students ever asked you why there is a silent e at the end of give? Or, why the word of is pronounced the way it is? This bundle will explain all those types of questions!
How to Use:
- Teach the high frequency words as part of the spelling pattern of your phonics lesson.
- Find the targeted spelling pattern on the sequence and this resource will provide you with all associated high frequency words.
- Follow the steps included to teach the irregular parts of the word so students master them for reading and spelling.
- The scope and sequences can be used to support ANY phonics curriculum!
- *Includes the 190 most common Fry and Dolch High Frequency Words!
The whole sight words practice set is NO PREP and ready to use today.
For other Sight word resources, check out my High Frequency Words to Sight Words: In Context
For phonological Awareness/ phonemic awareness activities to support your students’ orthographic mapping skills, please check out my Phonological Awareness Curriculum and Assessment.
Thank you for your interest in the resources of Orton Gillingham Mama!
Orton Gillingham Mama is a Fellow-in-Training and member of the Orton Gillingham Academy at the Certified Level, a certified Dyslexia Practitioner through the International Dyslexia Association and a certified Academic Language Therapist (CALT) through ALTA.
Follow my Instagram page, @Orton Gillingham Mama, and website www.ortongillinghammama.com for SUBSCRIBER-ONLY FREE resources!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.